In recent years, it’s become common for new parents to request children’s books instead of cards on their baby shower invitation. This may leave you wondering what to write in a baby shower book? A personal message on the title page or first page of a book is a great way to welcome a new child into your life or family. It can also be the same price to buy a small baby book as it is to purchase a card, with the added benefit of building the baby’s library.
Even if the parents haven’t specifically requested books, they still make amazing baby shower gifts. It’s easy to add your own personal touch or meaningful message to picture books or fairy tales that turn them into treasured gifts.
This article will take you through more than 125 ideas you can use to write a cute message or personal inscription on your thoughtful gift. If you’re looking for the best baby photo captions make sure you check out this article too! For more baby shower inspiration, check out this article about how to host a diaper raffle.
Table of contents:
- What to write in a baby shower book
- Short baby book inscriptions
- Cute baby book inscriptions
- Rhyming baby book inscriptions
- Funny baby book inscriptions
- Baby book inscriptions for girls
- Baby book inscriptions for boys
- Religious baby book inscriptions
- Baby book inscriptions from grandparents
- Baby book inscriptions from uncle
- Baby book inscriptions from aunt
- How to end a baby book inscription
- How to pick a book for a baby shower card
- Baby shower book as a card options
What to write in a baby shower book
Short baby book inscriptions
- Adventure awaits!
- Wishing you the sweetest of dreams with this bedtime book.
- Wishing you sweet dreams, always and forever.
- Welcome to the family!
- The world has been waiting for you!
- The world is a better place now, with you here.
- Congratulations on the arrival of your baby boy/girl.
- Wishing your family all of my love.
- Congrats! Your family just got a whole lot cuter.
- Yay! Someone new to love has arrived.
- Congratulations on your special little miracle.
- Welcome baby! And congratulations Mom and Dad; wishing your whole family all the best.
- Can’t wait to share this story with you.
- Excited to see your story unfold.
- So happy that you’ve joined us (our family, our crew…)
- Plot twist! The baby’s here!
Cute baby book inscriptions
- Here’s a story that’s just as sweet as you.
- We hope you enjoy reading this book with your wonderful family.
- Wishing you the sweetest of dreams and many wonderful bedtime stories.
- I’m so grateful to be a part of your life, right from the beginning.
- Wishing your family a lifetime of love and happiness together.
- I can’t wait to watch you grow.
- It’s so exciting to see who you’re going to become, I can tell that you’re awesome already.
- Since I love your mom and dad so much I just know you and I are going to be friends too.
- This story has a special place in my heart, and you do too!
- We’ve been waiting for you! I love you so much already.
- Every day is going to be a brand new adventure with you. Here’s a great adventure book to get some ideas.
- Life can be a real page-turner! I’m so glad you’re here for the adventure.
- A good imagination makes life so much more fun, here’s a great story to get you started.
- Your life is going to be such a great adventure, I’m glad I’ll be here to see your story.
- You really hit the jackpot being born to your mom and dad, what a great little family!
- I’m looking forward to making lots of memories with you, welcome baby!
- I hope you enjoy reading this story, I picked it just for you.
- Stories can take you on the most magical trips without ever leaving your room. I hope you love this book as much as I love you.
- I can’t wait to share the wonders of the world with you, including books like this.
- Books can be absolutely magical and it’s so much fun to read with your loved ones. Here’s a book to start off your very own little library.
Rhyming baby book inscriptions
- I can’t wait to see, who you’ll grow up to be.
- With a book in hand, life is sure to be grand.
- I’d love to read this book to you and then, if you ask, I’ll read it again and again.
- Your life with our family has just begun and we’re already so excited for you little one!
- Is there anything better than reading in bed? And having sweet stories to fill up your head?
- A new little baby to love and adore, my world has become brighter than ever before.
- Right from the very start, you have a spot in my heart.
- I love your chubby hands and sweet baby toes, every moment I’m with you my love for you grows.
- Books are so great, there are all sorts and kinds, I picked this one just for you because it rhymes!
- Even before you were born you had a place in my heart, now that you’re here the party can start!
- I can’t wait to see your adventure unfold, a new baby in the family is worth more than gold.
- Never forget, you can blaze your own trail. You’re in control of your story, so make it a good tale.
- Here’s a beautiful story to put on your shelf. It’s just for you, I picked it myself.
Funny baby book inscriptions
- Try not to drool too much on the pages.
- I know it’s confusing when you’re little, but this one’s for reading, not chewing.
- Your mom/dad used to chew books like a beaver.
- Here’s a story you can really sink your teeth into… when you get teeth.
- I know you can’t read yet but this is one of my favorite stories. I’ll read it to you until you’re old enough to read it to me.
- This book is so funny you might wet your pants laughing! Nevermind, you wear diapers anyways. Laugh away!
- Reading is a novel idea… just remember if you get more books from the library not to over-due it!
- Ever wonder why a bookstore is so tall? Because it has a lot of stories!
- Don’t worry if your dog starts running after this book, he’s just chasing his tale…
- If you like this book you can borrow more of mine. I promise I won’t be shelf-ish.
- Here’s a funny book for you. Don’t be shelf-ish, you can share it with your siblings too!
- Life is full of plot-twists, but that keeps it exciting!
- You’re Mom and Dad’s greatest little plot-twist!
- I’m wishing you health, happiness, and for you to sleep through the night.
- When in doubt, make lots of noise. It seems to work for the other babies I know.
- I’m still not sure if your dad knows how to read, but your mom will definitely read you this book. (Just kidding)
- I hope this is a good book! It’s been a long time since I was a baby so I wasn’t sure what to get.
- Your mom and dad already have a dog, so I think they’ll be great parents (it’s totally the same).
Baby book inscriptions for girls
- I hope your life is as beautiful as this fairytale.
- Just like the character in this book, I hope your world is full of fun, laughter and magic.
- I’m so excited for another girl in the family! Welcome to the world baby girl!
- We are tickled pink to meet you!
- Your arrival here means that dreams really do come true.
- We all wished upon a star and now here you are!
- Your fairytale is just beginning, little one!
- Life can be a real fairytale sometimes, just remember you don’t need to kiss any frogs to get a good prince.
- I can’t wait to see the beautiful young lady you’re going to become.
Baby book inscriptions for boys
- And so, your adventure begins!
- Just like the character in this book, I hope your life is full of joy, strength and fun.
- I’m so excited for another boy in the family! Welcome to the world!
- Sending all our love to your new little man.
- I can’t wait to see the handsome young man you’ll grow into someday.
- Little nose, little toes, and a little bit of mischief! Congrats on your baby boy.
- Don’t worry if you get into a little trouble now and then, it’s all just part of your adventure.
Religious baby book inscriptions
- Here is a book of prayer for you to read with your parents every night. May it fill you with God’s love and surround you with His protection.
- These are some of my favorite Bible stories that I can’t wait to read with you.
- A baby is such a gift from heaven above. One we will cherish with all of our love.
- You are such a gift from heaven above, so sacred and sweet my heart fills with love.
- May this child be blessed with all that God has to offer.
- Praying your life is blessed by our Heavenly Father.
- May God’s favor shine upon you all the days of your life.
- I pray that God will always keep you safe and fill your life with light and joy.
- I’m so grateful God has blessed our family with your new life.
- You are such a blessing to behold little one! Welcome to the world.
- I promise to pray for you and with you as you grow. I’m so happy you’ve joined the world/our family!
Baby book inscriptions from grandparents
- I used to love reading this book to your (mom/dad) and am so happy I’ll have the privilege of reading it to you too.
- Becoming a grandparent is even better than I could have imagined. I can’t wait to read this book with you.
- You might not know it yet, but you have the best mom/dad ever! (I might be biased since I raised him/her) haha.
- I can’t wait to spoil you! You can always come to my house for cookies and a good story. Here’s one to start your collection.
- At this point in my life, I’m so thrilled there’s a new character being added to our family’s story.
- I feel so fortunate to be part of your life! I’m so thrilled to be your grandma/grandpa.
- I love that you’re here! But please don’t call me grandma, that sounds so old. How about glam-ma?
- Welcome to the family! We’re a little crazy but we’re also crazy about YOU. Can’t wait to see who you grow up to be.
Baby book inscriptions from uncle
- Here’s a book from your favorite uncle! (Don’t worry about your other uncles, I promise I’m the best)
- Here’s a book from your favorite uncle! Ok, I know you don’t have any other uncles…But that definitely makes me your favorite.
- Here’s a book from your Funcle (your name). A Funcle is like an Uncle but way more fun, and probably better looking too.
- I don’t know how to be an uncle yet, but I can’t wait to figure it out! So excited you’re part of the family now.
- For my little nephew, welcome to the family! I hope you love this book as much as I did as a kid.
- For my new niece, I’m so glad you’re here! Our family is so much more fun now that you’ve joined us.
- I can’t wait to be the fun-uncle and tell you all kinds of stories about your mom/dad.
- Your mom/dad and I got in all sorts of trouble growing up. I can’t wait to tell you all our family stories.
- You’re definitely my favorite nephew/niece! Ok, so far you’re the only one… but you seem really awesome.
- I’ve been a brother and a son before, so if you need any advice on that let me know.
- I promise to buy you the most annoying… I mean fun… toys that your parents will love, haha.
- If you ever need to play a prank on your mom and dad let me know!
- I’m so happy I finally get to be an uncle. Welcome to the family, we’re going to have so much fun together.
Baby book inscriptions from aunt
- This auntie can’t wait to spoil you rotten!
- Here’s a book from me to you, I can’t wait to read it with you when I babysit.
- I’m definitely going to be your favorite aunt, we’re going to have so much fun together little one!
- You’re the cutest nephew/niece I’ve ever seen! Ok, so far you’re my only nephew/niece but still… you’re adorable.
- I can’t wait to tell you all kinds of stories about your mom/dad at your age.
- An auntie is kind of like a parent but also like a friend. So glad I’m going to be part of your life little one!
- Being a sister was pretty fun but it’s even better being an aunt!
- The love between an aunt and her nephew/niece is forever. Love you always!
- Even if we are miles apart, an auntie’s love lives forever in your heart.
- Your mom/dad did pretty good with her/his tamagotchi, so I think you’ll be fine!
- Your mom/dad had a pet fish growing up so you’re in good hands!
How to end a baby card or book inscription
Now that you’ve got the perfect baby book inscription, maybe you’re wondering how to sign off a message for a baby? Depending on your relationship to the parents, there are some appropriate options to choose from. Close friends or family members will likely sign-off their message differently than a coworker or acquaintance. There are a few good sign off options to choose from before you add your name or signature to the bottom of your message. Here are a few great ideas you can choose from to end a baby shower message on a book or card.
- With love,
- Much love,
- Love always,
- All the best,
- Best wishes,
- Love you already,
- Wishing you a lifetime of happiness,
- Welcome to the world,
- Your story has just begun,
- Your adventure’s just getting started,
- Welcome to the family,
How to pick a book for a baby shower card?
There are a few different routes you could go with when you’re deciding on how to find the perfect book to use as a card for a baby shower. There are so many great books to choose from. You could get a board book, which is very sturdy and even young babies and toddlers are able to engage with it right away.
Here’s a list of my favorite touch and feel board books for babies you may like! Babies also like high contrast images, so you might want to consider one of these black and white books for babies. There are also some great classic nursery rhyme books that make a wonderful gift.
You could also pick any story that is near and dear to your heart, like a favorite book you read growing up. Sometimes books for older children or paperback books have more space to write a heartfelt message on.
If you’re religious, it’s a great opportunity to pick a book of prayer or bible stories for children to use as a baby shower card and write an inscription in. You can include a sweet prayer and all your well wishes in the special message you write in the inscription.
2 thoughts on “125+ Best Baby Book Inscription Ideas”
Pingback: Best Baby Shower Drinks & Mocktails - Mocktail.net
Pingback: The Rising Cost of Being Pregnant - Saving K
Comments are closed.