Letter boards are such a fun way to express yourself. Whether you’re sharing an inspirational quote, or looking for a great way to tell everyone you’re having a birthday party, using a letter board is the perfect way to add a caption to the photos you share with friends and family and keep forever in your photo albums or scrapbooks.
This list of 50+ birthday letter board ideas has all the short, cute and funny letter board quotes you need to show everyone how you’re celebrating your special day. The hardest part is going to be choosing just one. Teachers, you can also use some of these phrases on your birthday bulletin board to celebrate your students’ birthdays.
- Table of Contents:
Funny Birthday Letter Board Ideas
One of the best things about getting older is learning to laugh about it. A birthday is the perfect opportunity to make your friends and family laugh. Hopefully, they’re laughing with you! There are so many funny birthday letter board ideas you can use.
You could put your letter board on display at your birthday party as some added decor. You could also take a picture of the birthday girl or boy with a funny saying and post it to your social media for friends and family to see. A letter board is like a built-in caption for photos that can help you express how you’re feeling in the moment.
Here are some of the best funny birthday letter board phrases to inspire you:
- Scientific fact, people who have more birthdays live longer
- Birthday cake calories don’t count
- You can always trust me, not alone with cake, but other than that
- If eating cake is wrong, I don’t want to be right
- Another year older and wiser, ok maybe just older
- Go shawty, it’s your birthday
- Go (name), it’s your birthday
- Congrats on being born #nailedit
- I can’t #keepcalm it’s my birthday
- Older, definitely, wiser, maybe not…
- At least I’m not as old as I will be next year
- It’s my party and I’ll cry if I want to
- It’s my birthday I’ma do what I like
- Same time next year?
- If you lick the frosting off a cupcake it’s just a muffin, and muffins are healthy
- (age) years old and I’m still a hot mess
- So what’s supposed to happen now?
- Gonna party like it’s my birthday… oh wait, it is!
- A birthday is nature’s way of telling us to eat cake
- Don’t worry about your age, you get a new one every year
Short Birthday Letter Board Ideas
Short birthday letter board phrases are to the point! Short phrases can be so handy for a few reasons. If you have a small letter board, short phrases will fit better. If you have a small number of letters to choose from, short phrases use fewer letters.
Short letter board birthday phrases also take a lot less time to create. Fishing out each letter and placing them on your board can be tedious and time-consuming, which makes short sentences ideal.
Here are the best short birthday letter board ideas:
- Happy Birthday to me
- It’s my birthday!
- Just here for the cake
- Love kisses and birthday wishes
- Hip Hip Hooray!
- A year older, a year bolder
- Make a wish
- I’m officially (age)
- National me day
- Eating my cake and wearing it too
- Happy 365
- Birthday Queen
- Birthday King
- Live your life & forget your age
- Keep calm and celebrate on
Cute Birthday Letter Board Ideas
Are you looking for what to write on a letter board for a ‘sweet as can be’ birthday boy or girl? There are some really adorable phrases here you can put on a letter board for your sweetie.
Maybe being sarcastic and witty isn’t your style – so these cute birthday letter board phrases are a great alternative. These are also good choices for a letter board you want to use for a child’s birthday.
Here are a few cute birthday letter board ideas:
- On this day (age) years ago, the world became a better place
- Count your age by friends, not candles
- Cheers to a day as special as me
- I’m not getting old, I’m getting better
- Cake is my happy place
- It only took me (age) years to get this cute
- I didn’t get older, I leveled up
- All eyes on me
- Forever young
- Making more memories
- It’s gonna be a great year
- The best is yet to come
- Hugs, kisses, and birthday wishes
- I hope the cake is as sweet as me
Christian Birthday Letter Board Ideas
Birthday celebrations are the perfect time to express gratitude for the perfect birthday gift – the gift of life. If you’re looking for what to write on a birthday letter board as a Christian, here are some great ideas. There are some quotes from the bible that are very fitting to celebrate the day of your birth, plus some nice short phrases to help express yourself.
Here are some Christian birthday letter board ideas you’ll want to use at your next party:
- Grateful for another birthday
- Birthday blessed
- Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you. Jeremiah 1:5
- Today I just want to thank God for another birthday
- I will satisfy him with long life, and show him my salvation – Psalm 91:16
- Today is another blessing
- Now thanks be to God for his unspeakable gift – 2 Corinthians 9:15
- I thank Him today and every day
- For you formed my innermost being. You knit me together in my mother’s womb. – Psalm 139:13
- I will give thanks to you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. – Psalm 139:14
If you can’t decide between some of these birthday letter board phrases, an easy way to incorporate more of them is to display them on a letter board in your living room. It’s a great idea to pick your favorite funny quotes or cute quotes and display them in the days leading up to your birthday boy or birthday girl’s big day.
Using a letter board for special occasions can be a cute way to remember your loved ones and how they felt on their birthday. Pick a sarcastic quote for someone who’s not having a very happy birthday, or maybe not looking forward to turning another year older. Or pick a cute birthday letter board phrase for your kids who are more adorable each year. It might turn out to be a favorite childhood memory for them to look back on in later years.
Want to build some anticipation around your next family birthday? For a fun, free birthday tradition to start with your family, check out this article:
Check out more birthday party fun from Mama’s Buzz!