If you’re a mom with a baby who has wide feet, you know how hard it can be to find shoes that fit. Babies outgrow shoes very quickly, and finding a pair that is both comfortable and stylish can seem impossible. But don’t worry – we’ve got you covered! In this post, we’ll share our picks for the best baby shoes for wide feet so you can pick the best option. And trust us – your little one will love them!
*This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you.
When it comes to finding the best baby shoes for wide feet, there are a few things you need to consider. For starters, what type of shoe will be most comfortable for your baby? What kind of weather does the shoe need to protect these little feet from? And perhaps most importantly, what is the right size and width for their foot?
How to decide on the best shoes for baby
For a lot of babies with wide feet, the right type of shoe will have a nice wide tongue that leaves lots of space for the top and sides of the shoe to expand comfortably. When it comes to weather considerations, you’ll need to decide if you’re buying something for warm weather like a sandal, for snow like boots, or something in between like a running shoe.
Finding the right size of shoe for the length and width of your baby’s foot is the most important factor. Because each brand can fit a bit differently, I have found it’s important to try the shoes on my babies before I buy them whenever possible. You can also determine the size of the shoe by having your baby’s foot measured at a local shoe store. The width of the shoe is important because it needs to be wide enough to accommodate your child’s foot, but not so wide that it is loose and uncomfortable. It’s also a sound idea to make sure the company you’re buying from has a good return policy, and to try the shoe on before cutting the tags off.
Best Wide Baby Sandals
- Kuener Sandals
- The Kuener close toe wide fit sandal is a great option for warm weather baby shoes for wide feet. The shoe is made with mesh and has a flexible sole that provides traction and stability for new walkers. It’s easy to get on and off with a velcro strap on top.
- Keen Closed Toe Sandals
- Keen is a nice high quality brand. Keen’s shoes are designed to provide support and comfort for growing feet. A closed toe sandal will protect your baby’s feet if he or she is just learning to walk. A comfortable shoe for hot weather will be made from breathable material like this.
Best Wide Baby Shoes
- Jan And Jul Breathable Sneaker
- These Jan and Jul shoes feature elastic openings, air cushioned soles for maximum breathability and they’re even machine washable. They come in standard and half sizes to better accommodate wide baby feet. They are also stylish and are a super reasonable price, which is great since babies quickly grow out of shoe sizes.
- New Balance Sneaker
- The New Balance Sneaker comes in a standard ‘infant’ size range and an ‘infant wide’ size range that is specifically meant for babies with wide feet. It also comes in a huge variety of colors and styles to match your baby’s outerwear. This shoe features soft soles and adjustable straps with a loop closure. It’s the perfect shoe for your child’s feet to take their first steps in.
- Stride Rite Classic Leather Shoe
- Stride Rite is a popular shoe brand that offers a variety of baby shoes for wide feet. The Stride Rite shoes are made from high-quality materials and are designed to provide support and comfort for your child’s feet. Stride Rite also offers a wide range of sizes so that you can find the perfect fit for your child’s feet. The brand’s shoes are designed to provide support and comfort for growing feet.
- Nike Tanjun Sneaker
- The Nike Tanjun Sneaker is another great option for baby shoes for wide feet. The shoe is made with a breathable mesh upper that helps to keep feet cool and dry. The shoe also has a cushioned insole and a rubber sole that provides traction and stability.
- Adidas Originals Unisex-Child Superstar Sneaker
- The Adidas Originals Unisex-Child Superstar Sneaker can accommodate babies with wide feet. The shoe is made with a leather upper that is durable and easy to clean and has a rubber outsole. Good non-slip soles like this are important when you’re looking for the best walking shoes for early walkers.
- Converse Chuck Taylor Cribster
- The Converse Chuck Taylor Cribster Sneaker is a slip on style shoe. The best thing about these stylish kids’ shoes is that the top of the shoe opens with an extra wide velcro opening. The shoe is made with a canvas upper that is durable and easy to clean.
- Robeez is another popular brand that offers baby shoes for wide feet. The shoes are made from soft, flexible leather and are designed to mimic the feel of barefoot walking. This helps to promote natural foot development in your child. Sizing is roomy to fit different feet and provides extra space for baby feet to grow.
- See Kai Run
- See Kai Run specializes in making shoes for children with wide feet. The shoes are made from high-quality materials and are designed to provide support and comfort for your child’s feet. These first walker shoes feature a wide toe box that provides ample room for healthy foot development in the toe area, and a velcro closure on top.
- Saucony infant and toddler shoes come in standard and wide sizes that are perfect for babies with extra wide feet. They also have a ton of colors and different styles to choose from to keep your baby’s feet and wardrobe happy. These are great shoes for wider feet.
Best Cold Weather Wide Baby Boots
- Jan And Jule Water Resistant Booties
- Some of the best features of these winter booties are the fact that they are both water resistant while still being breathable. They also have velcro and an elastic toggle to help the boots stay put on your baby’s wiggly feet.
- Stonz Cold Weather Baby Boots
- This is my personal pick for cold weather wide baby boots. I’ve used this brand for my own kids when the weather gets cold and snowy. If you’re purchasing online or without the ability to try on the shoe in person, they have a really helpful size guide that will allow you to get the right fit. These boots also come with the option to purchase an additional fleece liner that goes inside the boot for maximum warmth.
If you’re in the market for shoes for your baby, we hope that this article has been helpful. We’ve outlined some of the best types of shoes for wider baby feet and shared our top picks from each category. If you’re like most parents, you want to make sure your baby has the best of everything, including shoes. We hope this article has helped you understand what to look for and given you some ideas on the best baby shoes for wide feet.
For more information on baby products, be sure to check out our other articles on Mama’s Buzz.